A few shows in!

I got my seats back from Liz, and have finished designing her logo, and helped out with her Facebook page too. The seats look fantastic, when I got them back it was dark, and I still attempted to fit them, but in the end I had to wait until the morning. They’ve transformed the car completely, the old seats were in terrible condition, and now the whole of the interior is pretty much mint.

10390151_10152178344538106_5704415653249851883_n 603694_10152178344613106_6874917009207372655_n 1601106_10152178344448106_8162085783807150422_n 1979767_10152178344098106_1082747120304371796_n 10339568_10152178344738106_2259713153715808225_n 10352772_10152178344093106_626590961250857433_n 10382448_10152178344103106_285122518096512239_n 10390104_10152178344678106_3037062128524079383_n 10390151_10152178344538106_5704415653249851883_n

Show season is at it’s peak at the moment, there’s something to do every weekend. We visited Stanford Hall VW show, I left the Jetta at home though. We also visited Dubs Mania at Weston Park, a pretty decent local show. I popped over to my friends garage to have a bit of work done, mainly a cv boot that I couldn’t do/be arsed to do. He also tightened my rear wheel bearings and strapped up my exhaust.

Dubs Mania:

Next to Phil’s freshly painted van.

IMG_20140601_150959 IMG_20140531_194731 IMG_20140531_190132

Just before we set off, looking nice and cleanIMG_20140531_122111A whole bog roll on the fire, this turned out to be a bad idea!
20140531_232048 20140531_232029 20140531_232010 20140531_220110 20140531_210506 20140531_210458 20140531_210440


Dubs Mania 201416


At my mate Newbies garage getting the CV boot etc done :20140530_184629 20140530_182719


Recently we went to Deva Dubs at Shrewsbury showground, which turned out to be a bit of a nightmare! When we met for Deva at the Spread Eagle on the Friday, we had heard that there was an accident on the M54 and another accident near Shrewsbury. Planning the route was a bit of a lottery, but the general thought was to take the A5 rather than the M54. Being well prepared I didn’t have my sat nav with me, so I roped Phil in to leading the convoy, and told him to go down the A5. In the convoy was Phil in his T4, Myself and Milly in the Jetta, Ben in his Polo, Spud and his Mrs in their Polo, Dan in his T25 and Tom in his T25. We left and headed into Telford… Shortly after this I followed Phil onto the M54, with everyone but Tom and Dan following also. We immediately hit traffic, and were stuck on the M54 for around 1 1/2 hours. The Jetta was constantly getting too hot, so I had to keep switching the fan on to cool it down. When we eventually got close to getting off the motorway the Jetta’s temperature was right on the end of the scale and flashing at me. Luckily I managed to get it to cool down again once I got moving. We left the motorway, and, directing Ben, Spud and liz via text message, immediately hit traffic again. At this point I’d had enough, as had Phil who decided to try and go round. Following Phil, due to lack of sat nav, we drove down what can only be described as a footpath. The Jetta was struggling to idle as it was so bumpy. There was mud/dust everywhere, and the track was constantly narrowing. We drove for around a mile before having to turn around (due to the road being a dead end, as shown on the sign at the beginning of the road). I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, as we had been directing Ben and co via text message, they also made the same mistake. We then drove for around 10 miles down a narrow lane, the kind of lane that you always seem to luckily meet people coming the other way at a point where you can just about get past. It was at this point however, that the Jetta decided to cut out on me, luckily starting up ok after. After all of this agro, we eventually ended up back on the same road we had initially turned off, only a bit further down. Keeping my eye on the temperature, and performing a 5 point turn on a dual carriageway in the middle of Shrewsbury, closely followed by Spud and Ben doing the same, we made it to the show! Milly steered the car as I pushed it through the gate, it had cut out again… I got it started as the Deva crew gave us our programme, but my tickets were locked in the boot, so I had to turn it off again to get them. 3 and a half hours into a 35 minute journey, we made it. We had a good weekend in the end, myself and Phil showed the cars both days.

Deva Dubs 201466 Deva Dubs 201419 Deva Dubs 201418

My uncle bought a Polo mk2 Saloon whilst he was there!



Since my last post I’ve not done too much to the Jetta myself maintenance wise. I replaced some more fuel pipe in the engine bay, as it had started to crack, I also replaced the fuel filter that has been on the car since I had it. I was really surprised that there wasn’t much shit in the filter from the tank. I’ve had a bit of drama with the fuel pumps but the old one seems to be fixed now, from just tightening the bolts around the seal. I also plucked up the courage to spend £3.50 on a window guard, which no doubt will be “chavvy” in a matter of weeks.

20140613_161948 20140514_191103

Next show is the Hot Rod show, can’t wait!


One thought on “A few shows in!

  1. Wow, Mk1 still going!! can’t remember the last time I saw one on the road, I had a W reg MK1 C in light metallic blue, with beige interior, was great until I rolled it into a ditch back in 1995. then went to a Mk2 C in Mars red B reg, was a great car I picked up all the parts from a scrappy to make it a GL, don’t see many of those around either!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s